A Writer for Mekanic is responsible for writing a variety of material, both short and long-form, for agency clients and Mekanic.
This position will work with Mekanic Strategist(s) and use brand strategy direction, research findings, and their established knowledge of a client’s value and core brand messaging to author client resource documents and provide copywriting for their marketing collateral, websites, and social media channels.
The Writer’s primary responsibility is content development, but this position will also contribute largely to market research efforts by conducting stakeholder interviews and competitor analyses. The Writer is also responsible for producing content for Mekanic, including web copy, blog posts, white papers, presentations, and campaigns.
- Synthesize online survey responses to author Brand First Impressions Summaries.
- Record minutes in client workshops and disseminate clean, organized versions to the team.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews (in person and by phone) and generate organized findings.
- Conduct online research to author Competitor Analyses and Brandscape Summaries.
- Using a client’s Core Brand Messaging Framework as a guide, create content for client communication channels and marketing collateral such as website copy, social media content, and copywriting for print and digital pieces.
- Using the discovery findings and brand strategy direction, author client resource documents such as Executive Findings Briefs, Brand Insights & Recommendations Reports, and Marketing & Communications Frameworks—both in report and presentation slide formats.
- Create content for the Mekanic website, digital channels, and creative campaigns.
- Proofread and copyedit client deliverables, content for Mekanic website and social channels, and other content as necessary.
- Ability to conduct market research to inform writing.
- Demonstrated aptitude for both research writing and marketing writing—including social media content development.
- Exceptional proofreading and copyediting skills
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment across disciplines.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, on multiple complex assignments.
- The flexibility to meet shifting client needs, priorities, and deadlines.
- Strong organizational and people leadership skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a problem-solving mentality.
- Exceptional attention to detail and experience with content quality assurance.
- Strong interpersonal skills (open, friendly, and supportive attitude).
- Motivation to create award-winning brand systems.
- Demonstrates pride and accountability in work
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Apple and PC products, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
- Professional demeanor and strong client relationship management experience.
- Knowledge of marketing and communication techniques and practices.
- Experience following AP Style.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk around the office
- Job requires office work
- Job may require travel
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of research writing and copywriting
- Bachelor’s degree required
Please submit a cover letter outlining why you believe Mekanic is the agency for you, along with three writing samples – a video introduction is also welcome. Writing samples should include short form marketing copy, a more formal example such as a report or analysis document, and a perspective/opinion piece.